These crispy Crab Balls are stuffed full of crab meat and fried to a golden brown perfection.
The little round balls of goodness make the perfect finger food and the best crab appetizer, even for the ULTIMATE Crab lover!
So if you love crabs, then you’ll love this recipe for these AMAZING tasting Cajun crab balls.
It’s my husband’s original recipe that he concocted over 20 years ago.
Initially, he made the crab recipe to use for stuffed crabs But, I had a brilliant idea to make fried crab balls!
It’s like eating mini stuffed crabs but rolled up in a yummy ball.
Of course, my family loves this seafood recipe. It’s so good dipped in a sauce like shrimp cocktail, boom boom sauce, remoulade sauce, or even buffalo sauce.
Our crab ball recipe uses freshly cooked claw meat, and you could even use lump crab meat instead.
We choose crab claw meat because we like the taste better.
Additionally, my kid loves this recipe. He calls it the breaded crab claw recipe. LOL!
We say you could call it whatever you want too. The fried balls remind me of fried crab meatballs.
Heck! This mouth-watering fried recipe is the perfect snack with crab meat.
It’s such an easy crab recipe to serve as an appetizer at parties, crawfish boils, crab boils, seafood boils, or any gathering.
what to serve with crab balls
Crab Balls and gravy is so delicious. You could make a brown gravy and serve the round balls over rice covered in brown gravy…. YUM!
What’s in the Crab Balls
- Crab Claw Meat
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Plain Bread Crumbs
- Bell Peppers
- Cajun Seasoning
- Salt, Pepper, etc.
However, you choose to serve these Crab Balls they will be perfect for any seafood lover.
Plus this recipe is the perfect excuse to have a crab boil. Here’s my recipe for Louisiana Crab Boil.
That way you can eat the meat from the crabs and the claws.
Then save the other half of the meat from the boiled crabs and crab claws to pick for recipes like this one!
We hope your family enjoys this AWESOME New Orleans inspired Cajun recipe.
Do you have a favorite recipe using crabs? Share it below in the comments with us.
More Crab Recipes you may like:
More Seafood Recipes You May Like:
- Crawfish Boil recipe AKA Louisiana Crawfish Boil
- Cajun Shrimp Maque Choux
- Jacked Up Cajun Shrimp
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes
- Shrimp Stuffed Mirlitons
- Cajun Spicy Shrimp with Rice
- Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip
These crispy and tasty Crab Balls are chock full of crab meat and veggies. They’re fried to golden brown perfection and make a great appetizer or meal.
- 1 lb. crab claw meat, picked and shells removed
- 1 stick butter
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- quart cooking oil
- medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- medium bell pepper, chopped
- Cajun seasoning or Old Bay
- salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add veggies cook until tender.
- Add crab meat. The heat will loosen any shells left behind. Pick shells out and discard them.
- Cook crab meat until warm 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Turn off fire, let crab meat cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir in 3 well beaten eggs, 2 cups of Italian bread crumbs, and seasoning. Add more Italian bread crumbs if needed. Stir until the crab meat, eggs, seasoning, and bread crumbs are mixed together!
- Shape crab ball mixture into ping pong size balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Should make 24-30 balls.
- Roll balls in plain bread crumbs. Heat cooking oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees. Fry 4-5 balls at a time in deep fryer until brown. Please be careful when cooking with hot oil.
- Once crab balls are brown about 3 minutes, carefully remove them with a slotted spoon and place onto a cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Fried
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: crabs, seafood, fried crabs, easy recipe, appetizer, finger food, snack, cajun, crispy crabs, deep fried crabs, party food,