This recipe for Cajun Boiled Red Potatoes is one of my original recipes. It reminds me of the potatoes from my family’s seafood boils. Over 20 years ago I came up with this recipe when my family moved from Louisiana to Florida. My in-laws would mail us a care package every few weeks with our favorite cajun seasonings and foods.
Additionally, these Cajun Boiled Red Potatoes became a favorite family recipe. Even though we could eat seafood in Florida, it wasn’t the same as our Louisiana crawfish and crab boils. The recipe for the boiled potatoes uses almost all the same seasonings we put into our cajun seafood boil recipe. Thus, making them taste like the crab and crawfish boiled potatoes.
How to do you make Cajun Boiled Potatoes?
First, you’ll need to place 3 pounds of whole red potatoes with skins on them into a pot of water. Next, add liquid crab boil and a little salt. Hence, letting the red potatoes boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Second, drain the potatoes, then cut them into fourths.
Third, place potatoes into a large mixing bowl. Add dry parsley flakes and cajun seasoning.
Last, melt one stick of butter in the microwave. Pour the butter over the potatoes. Mix the red potatoes and butter together. Sprinkle on more cajun seasoning and top with fresh parsley. We used Slap Your Mama cajun seasoning but, you could use Zatarain’s, or Old Bay Seasoning. Serve while warm. The Cajun Boiled Red Potatoes pair great with fried or grilled seafood and homemade coleslaw. Also, sometimes we use leftover potatoes from our seafood boils to make this recipe.
I can’t wait until crawfish season to boil up some crawfish with sausage, onions, celery, corn, mushrooms, garlic, lemon, and some red potatoes!Print
These mouth watering spicy and delicious Cajun Boiled Red Potatoes make a great side dish!
- 3 lbs. red potatoes with skin, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 stick real butter, melted
- 1 cup Louisiana Fish Fry: Liquid Crawfish Crab & Shrimp Boil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- cajun seasoning to your liking
- optional: fresh parsley for garnish
- Place potatoes in large stock pot. Add enough water to cover potatoes.
- Stir in liquid crab boil and salt. Let potatoes boil until fork tender, about 20 minutes. Lower heat to medium and periodically pierce potatoes with a fork to check if they’re done.
- When potatoes are done turn off the stove and let them soak in the pot for 15 minutes to soak up the seasoning.
- Drain potatoes and cut into fourths. Place red potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add cajun seasoning (how much you like) and parsley flakes.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe dish. Pour over potatoes and mix together.
- Sprinkle potatoes lightly with more cajun seasoning and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serve while warm.
Make sure to use real butter.
- Category: side dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: cajun, boiled, red potatoes
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.