This Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is creamy and delicious and only takes 5 minutes to make in the instant pot.
The large elbow noodles cook perfectly and taste a million times better than the box version.
Your family will love this quick and easy homemade cheesy pasta dish.
It sure to become your family’s favorite comfort food for dinner.
I made an instant pot believer out of my husband with this mac n cheese recipe.
At first, my husband was skeptical of me cooking macaroni and cheese in the instant pot he thought the noodles would turn out mushy or undercooked.
He was quite surprised how the noodles cooked perfectly and took less time than cooking the noodles on the stove.
This recipe is my new favorite side dish to cook in the instant pot. I will never go back to cooking stovetop mac and cheese again.
My pasta always turned out horrible cooked on the stove.
Once you have the noodles perfected in the instant pot you can change up the way it tastes by using different seasonings and cheeses.
My Instant Pot is an 8 quart and it only took 5 minutes to cook the noodles.
Additionally, we used sharp cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese in our mac and cheese recipe.
Although, I have known other people to add different kinds of cheese like Velveeta cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, or gruyere cheese to their instant pot macaroni noodles.
Honestly, how you make your mac and cheese taste is really up to you.
Creamy Mac And Cheese
My Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe use heavy whipping cream to give it a creamy consistency.
Though, I have seen others use half and half, milk, or evaporated milk and add chicken broth instead of water.
Again, I think it depends on your tastebuds.
Also, you could top the mac and cheese with a topping and make instant pot mac and cheese with broccoli or instant pot mac and cheese with bacon. Bacon sounds yummy!!!
How would you make your easy mac and cheese recipe?
This cheesy creamy pasta makes the perfect side dish or meal paired with your favorite main dish.
More Instant pot recipes
- Instant Pot Ribs
- Pasta and Meatballs
- Cajun Whole Chicken
- Turkey Breast
- Corn on the Cob
- Instant Pot Ham
- Sweet Potatoes
- Breakfast Casserole
- Chicken Legs
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is creamy and delicious mouth watering good classic comfort food.
- 1– 16 oz bag large elbow noodles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste ( personally I like more salt but, my family doesn’t)
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (we shredded block cheese)
- 1 1/2 cup pepper jack ( or favorite cheese) (we shredded block cheese)
- optional: cajun seasoning
- Empty bag of noodles into inner pot in the Instant pot.
- Pour water in the Instant Pot.
- Stir in butter, sea salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Close lid and lock. Set to manual 5 minutes. Carefully do quick release once timer goes off.
- Drain any water from the Instant Pot. Slowly stir in heavy whipping cream a little at a time and add cheese.
- Add more seasoning if needed. Serve the mac and cheese with your favorite toppings.
Use real butter not margarine. Also, I sprinkled a little Cajun seasoning on my bowl of mac and cheese.
We shredded block cheese. We found pre-shredded cheese doesn’t work as well.
If using ramekins instead of regular size bowls you’ll get more servings of mac and cheese.
Use the amount of salt you prefer. We used a little bit of salt due to my husband having to limit his salt intake.
Mac and Cheese will thicken more as it cools down.
- Category: side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, mac and cheese, pasta, macaroni and cheese, comfort food