Here’s a recipe that has been passed down in my family from Louisiana, generation after generation. Of course, I couldn’t prepare this recipe without changing it up a bit. I tend to like my food a little on the spicy side. I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe for Crawfish Balls as much as my family.
The Crawfish Balls taste wonderful served with either homemade potato salad, french fries, or served with brown gravy and rice.
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, & thawed crawfish tails or shrimp
- 1 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Louisiana crawfish Shrimp & crab boil seasoning (from bag)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- All Purpose flour
- Cooking oil
1. In a medium pot warm crawfish thoroughly on low heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon of Louisiana crawfish boil mix (I used 1 tablespoon because I like it spicy) use up to 1 tablespoon if you want it spicy. Remove crawfish from heat once warmed. Stir in lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
2. Chop onion, garlic, and green onion in food processoror chopper
3. Using a strainer to drain all the liquid from the crawfish, once drained then place crawfish in the food processor on top of the chopped vegetable
4. Chop the crawfish up into pieces be careful not to make the crawfish mushy; they should be chunky.
5. Pour the crawfish mixture into a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients. Chop the parsley with a knife.
6. Mix ingredients well with clean hands or use gloves.
7. Shape crawfish mixture into golf size balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Should make 20 balls.
8. Roll balls in flour. I stirred in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder into the flour. Heat cooking oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees. Fry 3-4 balls at a time in deep fryer until brown. Please be careful when cooking with hot oil.
9. Once crawfish balls are brown, carefully remove them with a slotted spoon and place onto a cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Serve warm and enjoy!
Pin Me or Share With a Friend:
Check out some of my other seafood recipes :
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.