These Crawfish Balls are chock full of crawfish and deep fried to a golden brown perfection. They taste delicious and are spicy and flavorful.
Learn how you can make these delicious balls of goodness by following my easy recipe. Perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or as a meal.
This particular recipe has been passed down in my family from Louisiana, generation after generation.
Of course, I couldn’t prepare this recipe without changing it up a bit. I tend to like my food a little on the spicy side.
My grandmother didn’t like her food as spicy. Also sometimes she called the round balls of crawfish by another name like Crawfish Boulettes.
What to serve with Crawfish Balls?
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, & thawed crawfish tails or shrimp
- 1 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Louisiana crawfish Shrimp & crab boil seasoning (from bag)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- All Purpose flour
- Cooking oil
1. In a medium pot warm crawfish thoroughly on low heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon of Louisiana crawfish boil mix (I used 1 tablespoon because I like it spicy) use up to 1 tablespoon if you want it spicy. Remove crawfish from heat once warmed. Stir in lemon juice, mix well and set aside.
2. Chop onion, garlic, and green onion in food processoror chopper
3. Using a strainer to drain all the liquid from the crawfish, once drained then place crawfish in the food processor on top of the chopped vegetable
4. Chop the crawfish up into pieces be careful not to make the crawfish mushy; they should be chunky.
5. Pour the crawfish mixture into a large mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients. Chop the parsley with a knife.
6. Mix ingredients well with clean hands or use gloves.
7. Shape crawfish mixture into golf size balls. Place on a cookie sheet. Should make 20 balls.
8. Roll balls in flour. I stirred in 1 teaspoon of garlic powder into the flour. Heat cooking oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees. Fry 3-4 balls at a time in deep fryer until brown. Please be careful when cooking with hot oil.
9. Once crawfish balls are brown, carefully remove them with a slotted spoon and place onto a cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Cajun
Pin Me or Share With a Friend:
Check out some of my other seafood recipes :