This Baked Spaghetti Casserole With Sausage is an easy and delicious dinner recipe that’s full of meat and cheesy goodness, also it’s super simple to make.
If you need a quick and comforting meal to fix for dinner, look no further!
This cheesy baked spaghetti is perfect for any night of the week.
This baked spaghetti with sausage is a twist on the classic meatball and spaghetti recipe that everyone loves.
Unfortunately, my family eats spaghetti at least once or twice a week, which I get tired of eating.
Though, recently we decided to mix things up and make our spaghetti in a casserole dish.
Of course, it had layers of parmesan and mozzarella cheese and Johnsonville Italian Mild Sausage.
I’m happy to report the spaghetti casserole was a huge hit with my entire family and we had enough leftovers for lunch the next day!
Personally, cheesy baked spaghetti is now my NEW favorite way to eat spaghetti.
If you rather use ground meat, pepperoni, or mini meatballs instead of the sausage you can.
What side DISHES go with baked SPAGHETTI?
- corn salad
- green salad
- corn on the cob
- green beans
- garlic bread
- baked cheesy spinach tomatoes
- tomato bread
- green peas
- roasted mushrooms
- brussels sprouts
- spinach salad
What is in Baked Spaghetti Casserole With Sausage
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Italian Sausage
- Diced Onions
- Minced Garlic
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to make Baked SPAGHETTI with Sausage
- Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- Brown the sausage.Drain the grease.
- Melt butter in a skillet. Next, saute the onions and minced garlic until tender.
- In a large pot mix together the spaghetti noodles, the sausage, minced garlic, diced onions, and spaghetti sauce.
- Season the spaghetti mixture with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your liking.
- Stir in one (1) cup of cheese. We use Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend Shredded Cheese.
- Last, pour the pasta mixture evenly into a 9×13 glass baking dish. Cover the spaghetti mixture with the remaining cheese. Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite side dish, a salad, and a dessert for a complete meal.
Doesn’t the cheesy spaghetti casserole look delicious?
It such a quick and easy dinner option the entire family will love.
Also, your family may love my other easy pasta dinner recipes listed below:
- Cheesy Broccoli Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Cheesy Rigatoni Sausage Bake
- Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta
- Cheesy Taco Penne Ziti
- Skillet Chicken Rotini
Gregory Garland says
Should I cut the sausage? I have them in casings.
Kim Seghers says
Hello Gregory, yes you should take the uncooked meat out the casing to use it for the recipe if that’s all you have.
Just made it and we cannot stop eating it. Plus, it makes a boatload of food and these types of dishes freeze and reheat great.
We did add italian seasoning and red pepper flakes to the onions mixture as well as 8 oz of mushrooms.. Otherwise exactly as written.
Just wonderful. A great Thursday night meal surprise. There are a lot of Pinterest recipes that fail – this isn’t one of them.
Oh, we broke the Spaghetti in half.. easier to eat in casserole form.
Greg and Megan.
Kim Seghers says
This made my night Greg and Megan! So happy you liked the recipe. Thank you for sharing what you added. I’ll have to try adding mushrooms, and Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes next time I make this casserole. My youngest son usually puts red pepper flakes in almost everything he eats. So he’ll love that next time. Thank you for the wonderful feedback! Kim
Kim Seghers says
Hi Jan! I hope your family loves this spaghetti casserole recipe! Enjoy! Kim