Ground beef pasta recipes are my go to recipe when I need an easy dinner. Especially after we cook tacos for our family and have extra leftover taco meat. That’s when we like to make this Cheesy Taco Penne Ziti. It’s comfort food that’s perfect for Taco Tuesday!
We make this recipe up in a skillet. Boil the pasta separate for the best results. Then we like to cover it all in cheese and melt the cheese in the oven over the top. Ground beef pasta is always easy to add different ingredients to give you a simple meal.
For this cheesy taco penne ziti we used jarred salsa from Taco Bell. It’s a brand we enjoy but you can feel free to change up the salsa. This ziti noodles recipe is great for weeknight dinners. We like to use the leftovers for an easy lunch the next day.
Do you make any pasta skillets? Hence, we have quite a few we make and hope to share more of them with you soon. Furthermore, to add some chunks to this recipe you can add fresh tomatoes but we just used salsa as it is easier and perfect for quick meals.
This Cheesy Taco Penne Ziti can be served topped with guacamole or sour cream. Additionally, it can be served with tortilla chips. For instance, we like to serve up this dish topped with cilantro, sour cream, and guacamole. Hence, it’s the perfect simple weeknight meal for Taco Tuesday. What meals do you make on Taco Tuesday?Print
Cheesy Taco Penne Ziti is a simple ground beef pasta skillet dish.
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 packs taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz. jarred salsa (we used Taco Bell Salsa)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 12 oz. cooked penne ziti pasta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to the package. Drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain grease.
- Return ground meat to skillet, add water and taco seasoning. Mix together and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook on low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cook pasta, salsa, and one cup of cheese to the meat mixture. Stir until completely mixed together.
- Pour reminding cheese (1 cup) evenly on top of pasta and meat. Place skillet in 350 degree preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Penne, Ziti, Taco
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.