Football season is here and shortly around the corner is cinco de mayo. This Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa is the perfect instant pot dinner for both of those occasions. Hence, these tacos is simply mexican shredded beef. The beef soaks up all the spices and flavors.
Therefore, Pressure cooker dinners make dinner simple to put on tables. Hence, it takes the work out of the recipe. No one wants to slave over a stove especially when it’s game day. Instant pot beef barbacoa tacos allow hand free entertaining.
For example, beef tacos are topped with cilantro and onion traditionally. However, these tacos can be topped with salsa verde, sour cream, cheese, and even guacamole. The toppings are truly endless and completely up to you. We also use chipotles in adobe sauce to add tons of flavor.
First, the chipotle peppers give plenty of flavor to the beef. Additionally, we buy fresh tortilla’s to serve the beef barbacoa on topped with all the favorite toppings. Second, instant pot beef barbacoa tacos are traditionally topped with onion, cilantro, and cojita cheese.
Tacos made with spices and flavors are the best tacos for occasions like cinco de mayo. For instance, the flavor is traditional to what is cooked in mexico versus what you might find in other places. This is not tex mex food with ground beef.
Lastly, letting the meat soak overnight after cooking allow the spices to set in. The flavor is better the next day. Hence, we prefer to make it this way and eat it the next day for an event. We make this in our 6 quart instant pot.Print
This Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa is the perfect instant pot dinner cinco de mayo and football season.
- 3lb beef tender chuck roast
- 2 key limes; sliced
- 1 bundled of cilantro; chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 large onion; sliced into rounds
- 2 tablespoons garlic; minced
- 1 large red onion; diced
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 packages of tortillas
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a instant pot or pressure cooker, add in beef, beef broth, and onion. Put half the bundle of chopped cilantro. Add in chipotle peppers, garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Set pot to high pressure mode. Set time to 1 hour. Let natural pressure release on its own.
- Serve on tortillas with fresh key lime, cilantro, red onion and any your choice of cheese.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Instant Pot, Beef, Tacos