This delicious recipe for Crawfish Pasta Salad is easy to make and very filling. The pasta salad is perfect for feeding a crowd and tastes great served cold.
It’s a simple creamy pasta salad that’s filled with crawfish, macaroni, hard boiled eggs, onions, celery, and bell peppers.
You can also make this delicious cold crawfish salad to take along with you to a potluck or picnic.
Additionally, this recipe can be made with shrimp instead of crawfish.
You could also make a seafood pasta salad with or without Italian dressing and mayo.
Of course my crawfish pasta salad recipe using both of those condiments.
How to Make Crawfish Pasta Salad
First of all to make this Crawfish Pasta Salad you will need to boil eight ounces of large elbow macaroni noodles with a little bit of salt and some cajun seasoning of your choice.
You could use Zatarain’s, Slap Ya Mama, or Louisiana Cajun seasoning.
Second, empty your thawed crawfish tails into a skillet and sprinkle a little cajun seasoning over them and cook for 5 minutes or until all the tails curl.
Third, boil and chop three hard boiled eggs. Next, using a knife or one of my favorite kitchen tools the OXO Good Grips Vegetable and Onion Chopper dice all the veggies (celery, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, and a purple onion).
Additionally, you could add a cucumber if you wanted.
Fourth, place the macaroni, eggs, crawfish, and all the veggies into a large glass mixing bowl.
Next, add Miracle Whip, Italian Dressing, and Cajun seasoning into the glass bowl and toss lightly until all the ingredients are combined.
Last, chill the macaroni salad in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight before serving. Serve with buttered french bread or crackers.
Doesn’t this pasta salad look beautiful and delicious? You could also call it a Cajun macaroni salad.
Whatever you call this pasta salad it’s perfect for serving for dinner as a Lenten meal during Lent too.
And, making this recipe is an excellent excuse for using leftover crawfish from a crawfish boil.
more seafood recipes for you
- Crab Balls
- Crawfish Boil recipe
- Cajun Shrimp Maque Choux
- Jacked Up Cajun Shrimp
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes
- Shrimp Stuffed Mirlitons
- Cajun Spicy Shrimp with Rice
- Cream Cheese Shrimp Dip
- Shrimp Balls
- Crawfish Balls
This Crawfish Pasta Salad is a delicious and easy dinner option.
- 1 pound thawed crawfish tails
- 8 oz. large elbow macaroni noodles
- 3 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup purple onion, diced
- 5 tablespoons Miracle Whip or mayo, more if needed
- 3 tablespoons Italian Salad Dressing
- Cajun seasoning
- Boil macaroni noodles with a little bit of cajun seasoning and salt to your liking, until done. Drain and set aside.
- Empty thawed and peeled crawfish tails into a cast iron skillet and sprinkle a little cajun seasoning over the crawfish. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes or until the tails curl. Drain if needed.
- Place macaroni and crawfish into a large mixing bowl. Next, add the chopped eggs and all the diced vegetables.
- Stir in the Miracle Whip or mayo, Italian salad dressing, and Cajun seasoning to your liking. Toss together lightly until all the ingredients are combined. Stir in more Miracle Whip if needed. Cover the dish and chill in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.
- Serve & Enjoy!
You could also make this a seafood pasta salad by adding crab and shrimp with the crawfish.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Cajun