Create a nest filled with eggs for the beloved Mother in your family. Simply follow my step by step tutorial , and soon you will have created a perfect symbol for Motherhood. These beautiful wire Bird's Nest Necklaces are easy to make . I made one for myself ! I used glass beads in colors that reminded me of my three children. You could use Birthstones to represent your family. The Bird's Nest Necklaces also, would make a great Birthday or Mother's Day present.
Use any color beads you want!
Glass or plastic beads (I used Victorian Girl Mix) from Jo-Ann's Fabric & Craft store
- 22 Gauge wire
Needle nose pliers
How to make it:
1. String as many beads on the wire as you want eggs in the nest, in the arrangement you like.
For my necklace, I choose three eggs because I have three children.
2. Push beads to one side of wire, twist wire with beads to form a circle. Then twist end closed.
3. Start wrapping the wire around the beads to form your bird nest. Keep wire nice and tight around the beads. Repeat until you have the desired amount. Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect every nest is different.
4. Wrap wire around the spaces between the beads to secure the nest. I like the look of three loops , you could make 2, 3, or 4 if you wanted. Add a jump ring. (Don't worry the backside of the nest may look sloppy, but you won't be able to see it.)
5. Slide the chain on your Bird Nest! And , admire! What do think?
Any Mother would be happy to receive this beautiful and thoughtful gift!
Happy Mother's Day !
I love comments or email me firstname.lastname@example.org