If you’re looking for an easy meal to make for busy school nights, this Chicken Taco Pasta is it! This simple and delicious, Southwestern-style pasta recipe is a quick and hearty meal that the whole family will love.
With tender pieces of chicken, pasta, beans, avocados, diced tomatoes, onions, and cheese, even the kids will ask for seconds of this pasta.
Of course, who wouldn’t want a heaping bowl of this yummy comfort food after a long day at work or school?!
My family loves this taco pasta recipe. Sometimes when I make this dinner recipe, I add a can of fiesta corn and substitute the chili beans with black beans.
Honestly, there are many different ingredients you could add to this chicken taco recipe.
Though, it’s personally up to your taste buds how you would like to make it.
Heck! You could even use leftover over rotisserie chicken instead of cooking boneless chicken tenders in the skillet.
What other ingredients would you add to this taco pasta recipe? Would you add garlic and cilantro? Would you use kidney beans or black beans?
How to make Chicken Taco Pasta
First of all, to make this pasta recipe, you need to cook the chicken in a cast-iron skillet.
You could also use leftover chicken, store-bought rotisserie chicken, or a few pieces of boneless chicken tenders grilled or cooked your favorite way.
Second, cook 16 ounces of bow-tie pasta according to the directions on the package and drain. Don’t cook the pasta too long, or it will become mushy.
Next, place the pasta in a large bowl with the chicken.
Third, dice the red onions, tomatoes, and avocados.
Fourth, add the beans to the bowl with pasta and diced chicken but, do not drain the beans.
Next, add in the tomatoes and onions. Don’t forget to shake the taco seasoning over the top and mix the entire mixture well.
Last, add in the avocados and the cheese. Make sure to toss lightly!
what to serve with this Southwestern Style pasta
You could serve almost anything with this pasta recipe. Below you will find a few suggestions.
- Southwestern Cornbread
- Spicy Cornbread Muffins
- Mexican Fiesta Bread
We hope you love this cheesy taco pasta as much as our family does!
It’s the perfect comfort food to make for dinner, to bring to potlucks, and enjoy on a cool fall evening.
More pasta recipes for you
- Chicken Pasta Salad
- Cheesy Broccoli Sausage Pasta Skillet
- Cajun Chicken and Sausage Pasta
- Cheesy Taco Penne Ziti
- Skillet Chicken Rotini
- Cheesy Rigatoni Sausage Bake
This simple and delicious, Southwestern-style chicken taco pasta is a quick and hearty meal that the whole family will love.
- 1lb chicken tenders; boneless skinless
- 16 oz. box bow tie pasta
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 1 – 15 oz. can mixed chili beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion; diced
- 2 tomatoes; diced
- 1 large avocado; diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- In a cast iron skillet add olive oil, and set to medium heat. Cook the chicken tenders until done in center. Next, dice the chicken, and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Cook pasta as directed on the box and drain. Place pasta into the bowl with the chicken.
- Pour in beans (do not drain beans). Add in diced onion and tomatoes. Shake the taco seasoning over the top and toss the entire mixture well.
- Pour in the beans (do not drain beans). Add in diced onion and tomatoes. Shake the taco seasoning over the top and toss the entire mixture well.
- Add in avocado and cheese. Toss lightly.
You can substitute the bow tie pasta for a gluten-free pasta. Make sure to cook the pasta according to the package.
To make this recipe gluten-free use a GF free taco seasoning and pasta.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Southwestern
Keywords: dinner, family meal, taco, chicken, pasta, easy recipe, avocados, beans, cheese, comfort food