This mouth-watering White Chocolate Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce is a sweet and delicious dessert that’s perfect for those that love white chocolate.
Once you taste this AMAZING recipe, you’ll be wanting to make it all the time!
With all the popular dessert recipes we make for the holidays, my family always chooses this bread pudding recipe.
Of course, I never complain when they beg me to make this dessert. Even though I’m not a fan of white chocolate, I love this bread pudding!
What’s not to love about it?! This recipe has cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, and lots of white chocolate chips. Besides that, the bread pudding is drench in a delicious homemade rum sauce.
It’s also perfect served with hot chocolate or a hot cup of coffee like Café Du Monde Coffee and Chicory.
By the way, bread pudding with rum sauce is very popular where I live; you can always find trays of it on desserts tables at weddings.
My friend, who has a catering business, always gets requests from the brides and grooms for bread pudding. The most requested bread pudding recipe is with rum sauce or a white chocolate sauce.
Have you ever eaten homemade bread pudding? If not, you’re missing out! You definitely should make this recipe. It’s the best custard-like dessert ever!
What’s in Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
- Day Old French Bread
- Rum Extract
- White Chocolate Chips
How to make the Bread Pudding
Spray a casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Next, break up the loaf of French bread and place it in the casserole dish.
Mix eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar, and milk in a sauce pan over low medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Do not let the mixture boil.
Pour the mixture over the bread and add the chocolate; lightly stir the chips into the bread mixture, then let the bread soak for at least 15-20 minutes. Bake uncovered in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes.
While the bread pudding is baking in the oven, you’ll make the rum sauce. We use rum extract instead of alcohol. Please see the recipe card below for the full recipe.
Once the bread pudding comes out of the oven and the rum sauce is made, you could pour it over the entire pan of bread or serve it separately as we do.
Doesn’t this old-fashioned custard-like dessert look AMAZING? Perfect dessert to serve for any occasion.
More Desserts for you
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Snowballs
- Brownie Truffles Snowflake Sprinkles
- Gingerbread Christmas Bites
- No Bake Melting Snowman Cookies
- Christmas Crinkle Cookies
Buy coffee cup shown in pictures here on Amazon.Print
White Chocolate Bread Pudding is a sweet and delicious dessert that’s great to serve for any occasion.
- 1 loaf day old French bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 qt. Milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
For Rum Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp. butter
For Bread Pudding:
- Mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, rum extract, and milk in a heavy saucepan. Cook until sugar dissolves. Do not boil.
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Break bread into pieces and put in casserole dish.
- Pour mixture over bread; add the white chocolate chips. Use a spoon to mix-in the chocolate. Let the break soak for a least 20 minutes.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean.
For Rum Sauce:
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually add water and cook over low heat until thick.
- Add butter and rum extract. Stir together Pour over bread pudding or serve sauce in individual containers. (we serve sauce separately)
We use a rum extract, you could use real rum if you want.
You could also make a white chocolate sauce instead of rum.
Could use stale bread instead of French bread.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread pudding, custard, white chocolate, dessert, sweets, southern, homemade, baked, old-fashioned
Pin White Chocolate Bread Pudding