This Instant Pot Pineapple Dijon Ham is the perfect holiday ham.
It’s made in the Instant Pot easily, and you’ll have dinner on the holiday table quick. Of course, it’s the BEST Ham ever!
It’s drenched in brown sugar, pineapples, dijon mustard, and pineapple juice then cooked in the instant pot.
The ham comes out of the instant pot tender, juicy, and delicious.
Cooking the ham in the instant pot is super easy and creates oven space and saves you time.
Also, cooking the ham in the instant pot helps infuse all the wonderful flavors together.
If you aren’t a fan of sweet hams, don’t worry; this recipe is the perfect balance between sweet and tangy.
The Dijon mustard gives some zest to this Easter ham. Your dinner guest will be impressed and love the brown sugar and pineapple glaze.
If you’re wondering what to serve your guest besides this beautiful ham you could pair it with my family’s favorite potato salad, green beans, homemade coleslaw, and even with this carrot apple ambrosia salad.
How to Make the Brown Sugar Mustard Glaze
You can call the glaze for the ham anything you want.
It’s strictly up to you: Brown Sugar Dijon Mustard glaze, best ham glaze recipe, or brown sugar and pineapple glaze. I’ll leave that decision up to you.
Now on to making the glaze. First, you’ll need a large mixing bowl, dark brown sugar, pineapple juice, crushed pineapples, and some dijon mustard.
If you would like you could use Creole mustard instead of the dijon. Next, whisk all the ingredients together in the mixing bowl. Set aside until needed.
How to Make Instant Pot Pineapple Dijon Ham
To make the Instant Pot Ham start off by scoring your ham. I decided to use a 8 pound pre-smoked pork shoulder ham in my 8 quart instant pot.
You can use a pre-smoked or fully cooked pork shoulder.
Note– a packaged smoked ham is precooked.
Next, brush the ham glaze over the ham with a basting brush. Pour a cup of pineapple juice into the bottom of the inner pot with the trivet.
Place the ham on top of the stainless steel trivet. Close the instant pot and lock the lid. Turn the knob to sealing position.
Press the manual button and set for 20 minutes. You’re mostly cooking the pork shoulder to warm it up and infusing it with flavors since it’s already pre-smoked.
Note– You can add a few cloves to the pineapple juice in the inner pot if you would like. We choose not to due to my husband not caring for them.
Last, when the timer goes off quick release by turning the knob to venting.
After the valve goes down open the instant pot and carefully remove the ham wearing heat resistant gloves.
Place the ham on a pan lined with aluminum foil. Cover the pork shoulder with pineapple mixture (see recipe below) and place it in a preheated oven under the broiler on low heat for 5 minutes to allow it to caramelize.
When the ham is done carefully remove it from the oven and carve when ready to serve.
What can you do with leftover ham?
Just cut up the leftover ham and store in freezer safe storage bags, until needed. You can store the leftover ham for up to two months in the freezer.
Tip– Make sure not to throw away the ham bone it’s perfect for making broth.
Doesn’t the ham look delicious? It’s the perfect ham for Sunday dinner and any holiday meal.
It tastes great, smells heavenly, and it’s so juicy. This ham is by far my favorite!!
Check out our other Instant Pot recipes.Print
This Instant Pot Pineapple Dijon Ham comes out of the instant pot tender, juicy, and delicious. It’s the BEST ham ever!
- 8 pound Pork Shoulder Ham (pre-cooked smoked ham is what I used)
- 14 ounce can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapples with juice, divided equally
- 1 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar, divided equally
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard or Creole Mustard
- 1 cup pineapple juice (I used 1 cup Dole Pineapple Juice)
For Pineapple Dijon Glaze:
Place half of the dark brown sugar, dijon mustard, and half of the can of crushed pineapples with half of it’s juice into large mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
For Instant Pot Ham:
- Score pork shoulder and brush glaze over the ham with a basting brush. (I used the dump and brush method.)
- Pour cup of pineapple juice (Dole Pineapple Juice) in the bottom of inner pot with the trivet.
- Place ham on top of trivet.
- Close instant pot and lock lid. Turn knob to sealing position. Press manual button and set for 20 minutes.
- When the timer goes off quick release by turning the knob to venting. After the valve goes down open the instant pot and carefully remove the ham using silicone heat resistant gloves.
- Place ham on a pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Whisk together the remaining brown sugar and remaining half can of crushed pineapples with its remaining juice. (Should be half can pineapples and half of the juice from the can).
- Cover the smoked pork shoulder with the brown sugar, pineapples, and juice mixture and place in a preheated oven under the broiler on low heat for 4- 5 minutes to allow it to caramelize.
- When the ham is done carefully remove it from the oven and carve when ready to serve. Enjoy!
Make sure to use Dark Brown Sugar. Also, can add cloves to the pineapple juice in the bottom of the inner pot.
If you don’t want the outside of you ham crispy you can omit steps 6-10 and serve it straight from the Instant Pot.
My Instant Pot is a 8 quart lux.
My ham is a smoked 8 pound pork shoulder ham ( which is precooked).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Easter, Ham, pineapples, brown sugar, dijon, mustard, glaze, easy recipe, dinner