These delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Donuts are made using a cookie mix! Your family will think you made them from scratch! If you don’t tell anyone your secret, they will never know. These cookies are simple and fun to bake even young children could make them with little help from an adult.
My son loves helping me bake, and these chocolate chip cookie donuts are super simple and only use a few ingredients. It’s a great recipe to use when you want a treat that tastes homemade but, don’t have time to spend in the kitchen.
These easy cookie donuts are perfect to make ahead of time and let children decorate them as a fun activity at birthday parties. Kids will love dipping the cookie donuts into the chocolate and sprinkling on the colorful sprinkles. You could also let your kids decorate these chocolate chip cookie donuts and place them in cute boxes and give them away as gifts.
*Note- You could use any flavor frosting instead of chocolate candy melts if you prefer. It might be easier to use icing if you’re letting children decorate the cookie donuts for birthday parties.
Melt Chocolate melts in the microwave or use this Wilton Melting Pot. Dip the top of the cookies in the chocolate candy melts or use frosting. Top with sprinkles and if using chocolate candy melts let them harden for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoy these easy and delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Donuts as much as my family does! Do you have an easy recipe you make using a cookie or cake mix? Share it below in the comments I would to see it.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Donuts
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1 egg
- Wilton Candy Melts
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare chocolate chip cookies according to package directions.
- You can then put the cookie dough in a Wilton Donut Pan or place them on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes. If using a cookie sheet, wait for them to cool for about 2-3 minutes and then cut a whole in the center of each cookie. Then, let cool an additional 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate candy melts in microwave or use a Wilton Melting Pot.
- Dip the top of the cookies in the chocolate candy melts.
- Top with sprinkles and let the melts harden for 5 minutes.
If you can use frosting instead of the chocolate candy melts if you prefer.
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.