This adorable and easy Halloween Ghost Craft is made using packing peanuts. Kids will have fun making this easy adorable Halloween craft.
Do you have Packing Peanuts cluttering up your cupboards or closets? I do! I decided to make this easy kid’s ghost paper wreath with my little boy.
Using packing peanuts to make this craft was a fun way to recycle those annoying foam pieces.
The ghost craft is perfect for little and big kids to do by themselves or with adult supervision.
The Ghost Wreath would add some Spooky fun to any room in the house. Just have your kids make the cute craft and hang it up.
I think this craft would be fun to make at Halloween parties, too. It’s easy and affordable to make. Just start saving those packaging peanuts.
Supplies Needed For A Halloween Ghost Craft
- 30 or more White Packaging Peanuts
- Black Sharpie Marker
- White Poster Board or White Paper Plate
- Elmer’s School Glue
- Glue Gun
- Large bowl & Small (if using poster board)
1. Using a pencil, trace a large circle on a poster board.
2. Cut out the large circle with scissors.
3. Place the large cutout circle on a flat surface and trace a small circle inside of it using a small bowl.
4. Cut out the small circle with scissors.
5. Place the circle on a flat work surface and glue on the packaging peanuts with the Elmer’s Glue. Make sure your wreath, doesn’t stick to the work surface.
6. Using a Black Sharpie Marker, draw on the faces for your ghosts. Then let your wreath dry. Make sure it doesn’t stick to your work surface.
7. Using a glue gun (adults do this part.. please be careful the glue gets hot) glue, a piece of ribbon to the back to hang up the wreath.
You can add a bow like I did. What do you think?
Kim’s note- Make sure only to hang the paper wreath indoors.
To give the Wreath more support you can cut out a piece of cardboard using the same instructions for the wreath and glue it to the back of it.
Easy, fun, and affordable. A great way to recycle those annoying packaging peanuts! How do you recycle packing peanuts?
Katie Dunn says
I have a ton of packing peanuts leftover from my family’s move last month, and so I really like the idea of turning them into some sort of craft with my kids. I think that my kids would have a ton of fun making ghost wreaths. They could hang them on the outside of their bedroom doors!
Kim Seghers says
Hi Katie! Yes these wreaths are fun and super easy for kids to make! Hope your kids enjoy making the wreaths! Have a lovely weekend, Kim
what a fun craft! and a great way to reuse. Thanks for sharing on the #HomeMattersParty . I hope you will join us again next week.
Hi Audrey! Thank you so much. It was a fun craft to watch my son make and easy too. Have a great week, Kim
BD Design Blog says
This looks like a craft any kid would love to make!
Thank you! It was super easy for my son to make and not very messy which I love. Have a great day, Kim
Jane H says
Your son looks like he is having a blast! What a great way to use those peanuts. I usually just throw them away, you've inspired me to do something with them the next time I get some!
Thank you so much Jane! I would love to see what you come up with when you get some packaging peanuts to recycle. Have a great day, Kim
Lauryncakes | Lauryn Hock says
This definitely looks like something kids would love to make!
Thank you! My son enjoyed making this ghosts craft! Have a great week, Kim
What a unique idea! I never would have thought of using packing peanuts, but I love it!
Thank you so much! I am glad I thought about it using those pesky packaging peanuts. It was such an easy craft to make and inexpensive, too. Kim
From trash to treasure and a great craft for kids. Smart!
Thank you Leilani! I can't believe I finally figured out what to do with those annoying packing peanuts. Have a great week, Kim
Dee Cupcakes&Crowbars says
I love posts that get the kids involved!
Thank you Dee my son had fun making the Ghosts craft. Have a great week, Kim