With the cold winter nights upon us it’s the time to break out those instant pot recipes. Sometimes we just want an instant pot vegetarian recipe that super simple to make. Hence with the ability to pull pantry items and make a delectable dish. This Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup is a delicious and easy soup recipe.
One of the reasons I love to use my instant pot isn’t just because it’s wicked fast at cooking. The instant pot is great at keeping food warm when you have people eating at different times. Furthermore, my husband can have a bowl and then when my son gets home he can. Additionally, the soup will keep for a few hours for added seconds.
The base of the soup is tomato sauce, garlic, and onion. Therefore it’s simply added to the instant pot and cooked under pressure for 2 minutes. The rest is easy done on saute mode. Hence, no draining of water along with perfectly cooked and not soggy tortellini.
When it comes to this instant pot soup the best aromatics come from the fresh basil. Therefore we keep a plant of fresh basil in the window for dishes like this. Additionally, it can be used for caprese or charcuterie boards when we have people over. Hence, it’s also great for date night at home. My husband also loves dipping his grill cheese sandwiches into his soup. It’s so much better then can soup!
Lastly, did you know that the instant pot is one of the most bought items this year for Christmas? How crazy is that! We hear Amazon is the place to look for an instant pot with all the holiday specials. If you’re looking for an instant pot check out this 6 quart instant pot like we have. And, check out my Instant Pot Two Bean Soup.Print
Creamy tomato basil soup with tortellini’s made easily in the instant pot.
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 half pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 package cheese tortellini’s
- 1/2 yellow onion; diced
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- parmesan cheese for topping
- Add in onion and garlic to the instant pot and set to saute mode. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off saute mode. Add half the basil leaves and the can of tomato sauce.
- Set to high pressure for 2 minutes. Quick release pressure when instant pot is done counting.
- Set to saute mode and add tortellini’s. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until tortellini’s are tender.
- Pour in whipping cream and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes till thick and creamy.
- Additionally, stir in the fresh basil and pepper.
You may top with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Keywords: Instant Pot, Soup
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.