Berry Cream Cheese Cookie Cups are delicious mini sugar cookie cups filled with creamy cream cheese frosting and topped with fresh blueberries and raspberries. The cookie cups make the perfect quick and easy dessert to add to your holiday menu.
Red, White, and Blue treats are usually the center of attention for Fourth of July entertaining and these cookie cups will undoubtedly get everyone’s attention while sitting on your holiday dessert table.
Fourth Of July this year my family will be attending a party where everyone brings a treat to place on the dessert table, and guest walks around selecting the desserts they want to eat. That’s the reason I decided to make these Berry Cream Cheese Cookie Cups that taste amazing, and the bright colors from the berries will capture people’s attention. I think these cookie cups won’t last long on the dessert table.
The Berry Cream Cheese Cookie Cups can be made the night before and stored in the refrigerator until needed. Often I make them the night before with the help of my little boy. I bake the sugar cookie cups from a pre-packaged mix and, my son fills each cookie cup with the cream cheese frosting and puts the berries on top. You could always make a homemade sugar cookie mix for this recipe if you wanted.
Storing the cookie cups in the fridge in an airtight container will help them stay fresh longer. My husband came up with the idea to use a deviled egg container to store our Berry Cream Cheese Cookie Cups. The egg container helps the treats stay fresh and prevent them from sliding around in transport. We found our deviled egg container with a lid at the Dollar General Store during the Christmas holidays. I’m sure you can find one similar online.
If you notice in the photo above the majority of the cookie cups are missing, that’s because they taste delicious and I couldn’t stop eating them. I hope you are able to make these cup cookies for your family and friends for Memorial Day or Fourth Of July or anytime you have the time! You could also try these Raspberry Hazelnut Cookie Cups. Do you have a favorite cookie recipe?Print
- 1- 12-24 count mini muffin pan
- 1- package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- package sugar cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- fresh raspberries
- fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tsp. vanallia
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- optional – sifted powdered sugar for dusting treats
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 12-24 mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
For Cookie Cups:
- Follow the instructions on the sugar cookie package for drop cookies.
- Roll dough into small balls. Place into muffin pan.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes. Immediately remove from oven and press a wine cork, shot glass, wooden pestle, or top of a round spoon handle into the cookie to make the opening. ( I used a wine cork.)
- Place cookie cups on a cooling rack and let cool.
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Add powdered sugar gradually, beating after each addition until blended.
Adding the Fruit:
- Fill each cookie cup with cream cheese frosting. (use teaspoon)
- Top each cookie cup with blueberries and raspberries.
- Using a sifted lightly dust the cookie cups.
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.