When your tummy is a little uneasy and feeling queasy, do you like the comfy of a good Hot Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup? I don’t know about you, but I sure do! Here’s my recipe for the World’s Best Chicken Noodle Soup.. well at least that’s how my little boy feels about my homemade soup, and I hope you will too.
This Homemade Soup is quick and easy to make with a few ingredients you will have a hot soup that will taste unbelievable and will warm your tummy.
I use fresh homemade chicken stock, tender petite carrots, celery, onions, and other delicious ingredients that make this soup light and great for those days when you don’t feel like eating anything too heavy.
I guess you can say I am lucky that Walmart Marketplace is around the corner from my house, which makes it easy for me to walk there to grab ingredients when I need to. I was able to walk to Walmart and grab the stuff for my Chicken Noodle Soup and get back home in less than 20 minutes.
The World’s Best Chicken Noodle Soup was ready for dinner when my son arrived home from school. You can serve the soup with crackers and a side salad if you want.
I like that the Chicken Noodle Soup is easy and quick to make and clean up is hassle free.
Having a Homemade Meal that is comforting and delicious for my family makes me happy. And, not having to worry about spending a lot of time in the kitchen gives me more time to spend with my son when he comes home from school in the evenings.
- 1 Whole Chicken boiled deboned and shredded(save broth from chicken should make 4 cups )
- 1 bag wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cup celery chopped coarsely
- 2 cup petite carrots chopped coarsely
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 container of chicken broth
- 6 chicken bullion cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Noodles: In a large pot add half the container of the store bought chicken broth (should be 2 cups) and add 2 cups of water, bring to a boil. Cook the noodles to they are almost cooked and tender. Drain and set aside.
- For the Stock: Take the broth from the chicken and strain it over a large pot, add the remaining of the store bought chicken broth into the pot and mix the two broths together. Cook the broths on high until it comes to a boil then lower it to medium heat. Add six chicken bullion cubes into the broth stirring until they dissolve. * Note: I don’t add any seasoning to my soup.
- Veggies: Add the olive oil to a medium saucepan on low heat saute carrots, celery, and onions until they’re tender. Remove from heat.
- For the Soup: Add the shredded chicken, vegetables, and noodles to the pot with the broth, stir occasionally. Cook on low heat until the noodles are finished cooking about 4-5 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and serve. Do not place a lid on the pot until the soup is completely cooled.
Pin Me or Share With a Friend:
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.