Instant Pot Teriyaki Pork Recipe is my new favorite quick and easy dinner to cook for my family. It takes about 30 minutes to make in the Instant Pot, and it comes out super delicious. Even my son that’s a picky eater approves of this recipe.
This recipe reminds of a lunch plate I ate once while I while vacationing in Hawaii, when we stopped at this little roadside diner to eat. I remember when the food came out I surprised to see pineapple sitting on top of my rice and pork. That was actually my first experience eating pineapple in my food.
Usually I eat pineapple as a dessert not in my food. I always thought pineapple was suppose to be eaten in treats like the ones we found at the Dole Plantation in Wahiawa, Hawaii. The Pineapple Plantation had the best Dole Whip ice cream with chunks of juicy pineapple and bags of sweet candied pineapple. I remember thinking I was in pineapple heaven!
After my trip to Hawaii, I started experimenting with pineapple in my recipes. Once I made a Cajun Jambalaya with Pineapple. I think that night for dinner my family ordered pizza. I think I’ll stick to this Instant Pot Teriyaki Pork Recipe instead. This teriyaki pork recipe is sweet and spicy just the way I prefer it!
Do you have an Instant Pot? It’s an easy way to cook a delicious meal for your family without all the work standing over a hot stove. You could even make dessert and many other amazing things in an Instant Pot. You should check this Instant Pot out if you don’t have one already.
Instant Pot Teriyaki Pork Recipe
Yield 3 servings
- 2 - 1 lb packages of pork stew meat
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 pineapple; sliced
- 1 stalk of spring onions; diced (green onions)
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Place pork in instant pot with olive oil (if you have the non stick insert there is no need for oil). Close and lock lid. Set pressure cook or manual to 15 minutes. Once it's done let natural pressure count for 10 minutes then do quick pressure release. Drain juice.
- Mix in a measure beaker teriyaki, soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, garlic, and ginger. Whisk well. Set instant pot to saute mode. Pour mixture over pork stirring frequently. Once the sauce starts to thicken around the pork turn off saute mode.
- Place two cups jasmine rice in the instant pot. Place two cups of water. Put on lid. Cook on pressure cook/manual for 4 minutes. Let natural pressure for another 10 minutes. Then release pressure and serve.
- Place pork and rice together. Top rice with spring onions. Top pork with sesame seeds. Serve with pineapple.
Kim Seghers is a Mom of three, creator of This Ole Mom blog, a family friendly site. Kim is passionate about sharing her love for cooking, crafting, traveling, family, and everything lifestyle.