These delicious Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bars are always a hit, and best of all, they’re perfect for people following a gluten-free diet.
Eliminating gluten from your diet can be frustrating at first until you find creative ways to substitute for the gluten-containing foods that you can enjoy.
Don’t worry if you crave sweets these delicious gluten-free chocolate banana bars made using Nutella will take care of your cravings.
The gluten-free bars are chock full of ingredients that add a bit of sweetness to the recipe.
what’s in Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bars
- Cooking Oats
- Northern Beans
- Mashed Banana
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Nutella or Hazelnut Spread
How to make Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bars
First, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Next, line a square baking pan with foil. Then grease the foil with cooking spray and set aside.
Second, place all the ingredients except the Nutella in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
You’ll need to scrape the sides down several times to ensure even mixing.
Third, pour mixture into the prepared pan.
Fourth, heat the Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir until smooth and runny.
Next, drizzle on top of the batter in the pan and swirl around with a knife if desired.
Tap the pan on a hard surface to even out the chocolate.
Fifth, bake the gluten-free bars for 20-25 minutes or until set and the bars begin to pull away from the sides of the foil.
Let the chocolate banana bars cool completely before cutting.
To store the chocolate bars you can place them in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Doesn’t the chocolate bars look delicious?
Shhh… we will let the Northern Beans in this recipe be our little secret.
Nobody will know you put them in your chocolate bars if you don’t tell them!
Remember just because you need to eliminate gluten from your diet doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a tasty treat.
This recipe was adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
Just so you know this recipe isn’t considered vegan or dairy-free.
Nutella does have milk in the ingredients. Also, this recipe has honey in it, which isn’t vegan friendly either.
But if you’re looking for another tasty gluten-free recipe, try our delicious Fruit Tray made with fresh fruit, and it’s vegan and dairy-free.Print
These Chocolate Banana Bars made using Nutella makes a sweet and tasty gluten-free treat.
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Nutella or similar hazelnut chocolate spread
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a square baking pan with foil. Grease the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except the Nutella in a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can place everything into a mixer and beat. You’ll need to scrape the sides down several times to ensure even mixing.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Heat Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir until smooth and runny. Drizzle on the top of the batter in the pan and swirl around with a knife if desired. Tap the pan on a hard surface so the chocolate evens out.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and bars begin to pull away from the sides of the foil. Cool completely before cutting.
- Store bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free, chocolate, bananas, honey, Nutella, dessert, baked goods, easy recipe,