White Chocolate Bread Pudding is a sweet and delicious dessert that’s great to serve for any occasion.
- 1 loaf day old French bread
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 qt. Milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
For Rum Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tbsp. butter
For Bread Pudding:
- Mix eggs, sugar, cinnamon, rum extract, and milk in a heavy saucepan. Cook until sugar dissolves. Do not boil.
- Spray casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Break bread into pieces and put in casserole dish.
- Pour mixture over bread; add the white chocolate chips. Use a spoon to mix-in the chocolate. Let the break soak for a least 20 minutes.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean.
For Rum Sauce:
- Mix sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually add water and cook over low heat until thick.
- Add butter and rum extract. Stir together Pour over bread pudding or serve sauce in individual containers. (we serve sauce separately)
We use a rum extract, you could use real rum if you want.
You could also make a white chocolate sauce instead of rum.
Could use stale bread instead of French bread, but reduce the milk to 1 quart.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread pudding, custard, white chocolate, dessert, sweets, southern, homemade, baked, old-fashioned