Szechuan Green Beans only use a few ingredients and makes a quick and healthy side dish.
- 4 cups green beans; ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the green beans in a colander and rinse under cold tap water in the kitchen sink. Remove any dirt from the green beans using your fingers. Next, lightly pat the beans dry using a paper towel.
- Trim the ends of the beans.
- Put the green beans and the oil in a saute pan or wok, cook for 10 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Add in chili sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss and serve.
For Instant Pot
- Rinse and trim the ends of the green beans.
- Place trivet into the instant pot. Pour in 1 cup water for 6 qt. IP and 1 1/2 cup water for 8 qt. IP.
- Set to low pressure for 2 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Toss with chili sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Instant Pot Prep Time: 5 Minutes Cook: 2 Minutes Low Pressure
To make this recipe gluten -free make sure to use a gluten-free garlic chili sauce and a plain olive oil. Always make sure to read the labels.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove-Top
- Cuisine: Chinese
Keywords: Green Beans, side dish, Chinese, Szechuan