Pancake Mix: Taken from the Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- green food coloring
- Whole, Fresh, Strawberries, stems removed and washed
- Honeydew Melon, cut into cubes
- Cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- Pineapple, cut into cubes
- 8” long Bamboo Skewers
- Shamrock/Clover Cookie Cutter
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry mix and add the egg, milk and food coloring. Stir until moistened. Stir a little bit more to remove additional lumps and blend green color evenly.
- On a hot, nonstick skillet, pour batter and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Let cool. Use a cookie cutter to cut a clover shape into the pancakes.
- Hold the skewer with the point facing toward the top. Thread a strawberry, followed by cantaloupe, pineapple, honeydew melon and blueberry onto the skewer.
- Finish by adding a pancake clover.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American