- 5 lbs. large shrimp
- 2 medium onions, cut in half
- 1 pack mushrooms
- 2 heads of garlic
- 6-8 small red potatoes, cut in half
- 3 lemons, cut in half
- 1 pound sausage, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 gallons of water
- half bag of a 16 oz. bag of Louisiana Shrimp & Crab Boil
- 1/2 cup liquid crab boil
- 6 ears frozen corn
- 1 bag of ice
- In a heavy 25-quart stockpot, bring water to a rolling boil.
- Add in the liquid & powder crab boil and stir.
- Pour in the sausage and other ingredients except the potatoes, corn, and mushrooms. Cover and bring to a boil. Let boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and potatoes and return to a boil and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Put in the corn and boil for another 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp to the the pot, cover and return to a boil. Boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Immediately remove the pot from the heat and add the bag of ice.
- Let the shrimp, potatoes, sausage and other ingredients soak in the ice water for 20 -30 minutes.
* Letting the shrimp and other ingredients soak in the ice water will help the flavor be absorbed. Drain the shrimp and other ingredients using a strainer and place into individual buckets or serve on a serving platter. Enjoy!
Make sure to serve with plenty of napkins! Enjoy!!