Southern Style Green Beans are an easy and delicious mouth-watering good side dish!
- 16 oz. Container of Chicken Broth
- 2 lbs. Fresh Green Beans
- 1 lb.Package of Bacon
- Grease from Bacon
- Large Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Garlic Powder (to your liking)
- 1 tbsp.Butter
- Salt (to your liking)
- Cajun Seasoning, optional
- Clean and snap off the ends of the green beans. Next, cook the bacon in a skillet, and save the bacon grease.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and cook the onions and garlic in the skillet, with the bacon grease until tender.
- Use cooking shears to cut the bacon. Place bacon a stockpot with the green beans, onions, and garlic.
- Add in the broth to cover the beans. Bring beans to a boil, then place lid on the pot. Cook green beans on a low simmer.Let cook for 2-3 hours, or until tender.
- Drain the broth from the beans, then toss with butter. Season the green beans with salt and Cajun seasoning or your favorite seasoning.
Can use beef broth instead of chicken.
Season to your liking with your favorite seasoning.
We used Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and salt to season our green beans.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: southern style green beans, southern green beans, country green beans, green beans, Thanksgiving, side dish, easy recipe,