Delicious juicy Smoked Chicken Leg Quarters smoked on a Traeger Grill to perfection.
- 8 leg quarters
- 1 bottle marinade (we used Lawry’s Zatarain’s Cajun)
- Traeger pork & chicken rub
- Apple BBQ Hardwood Pellets
- 1 cup of water or apple juice (we used apple juice)
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Marinade chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. (we marinade our chicken overnight)
- Once chicken is marinated, sprinkle both sides with the rub.
- Prepare the Traeger grill on smoke according to directions. Set the temperature to 225 degrees and preheat, lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place a small stainless steel pot of water or apple juice in the inside corner to help keep moist.
- Place chicken in grill skin side up with lid closed.
- Smoke for 2 hours or until instant – read meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. ( insert thermometer into thickest part of the thigh, not touching the bone)
- Remove chicken and let rest 5 minutes before serving. (we don’t add barbecue sauce.)
- Category: BBQ
- Method: Smoker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: smoked chicken, grill, traeger grill, leg quarters, barbecue, chicken, chicken recipe, apple juice , wood pellets,