- 1 pound rotini pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups chicken breast (raw and cubed)
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 2 gloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large skillet add chicken, red pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is browned on each side and no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Continue to cook, uncovered until liquid reduces to half. Add pasta and stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil before serving.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American