This easy Skillet Chicken Fajitas recipe is perfect for busy nights when you’re craving Mexican food and don’t have a lot of time to cook a big feast.
- 2 large, boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 white onion; sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion; sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon d’arbol chili spice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin (more cumin for more flavor)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- tortillas for serving
- Filet chicken breast in half and then cut into slices.
- Cut bell peppers into slices and onions into half rounds.
- Pour olive oil into the skillet and place on 6 (medium heat).
- Add in peppers, onions, and chicken, then add cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper, d’arbol spice, pepper, and salt.
- Cook for 15 or so minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Drain excess juice from skillet. Cook chicken until nicely browned and you will see grill marks.
- Place on tortilla and serve! You may add sour cream, cheese, and any other toppings that you like.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: skillet, cast iron, fajitas, chicken, chicken fajitas, dinner, easy recipe, Mexican, tex-mex, Mexican recipe, bell peppers, onions