Skillet Barbecue Chicken Breast is an easy recipe made using skinless boneless chicken breast.
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup barbecue sauce of choice (I used Carolina BBQ sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add olive oil to skillet and roll around the entire pan. You may brush the oil on. Place the skillet on the burner or campfire.
- Filet the chicken lengthwise into four breasts. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Place in skillet on medium heat for stove top. Cook on one side till the chicken easily releases from the skillet about 5 to 8 minutes. Flip the chicken.
- Continue to flip chicken for about 15 minutes until cooked well inside. To test you can remove a piece and cut the center and check. The last few minutes add some barbecue sauce. Brush it on and let it get sticky when cooking.
- Serve chicken with your favorite side dish.
You could use any seasoning you like to season your chicken.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, chicken breast, barbecue chicken, cast iron, skillet, easy recipe, dinner, gluten-free, keto-friendly