This delicious gooey-cheesy Pizza Pasta Skillet Casserole is a hearty and filling pasta recipe that will surely become one of your family’s favorite comfort foods!
- 1– 16 oz box Penne Pasta
- 2 lbs. Italian Sausage
- 1– 6 oz Bag Pepperoni (remove 18 slices set aside)
- 3 Cups Pizza Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 Small Bell Pepper, chopped
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic & Onion Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 1– 14 oz. Jar Pizza Sauce
- 1– 24 oz. Jar Spaghetti Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly salt a pot of water and cook the pasta according to the directions.Once the pasta is finish cooking, drain and save for later.
- Next, remove 18 slices of pepperoni from the package, then cut the remaining pepperoni in fourths.
- In a large size pot brown the Italian Sausage, drain grease. Add the cut pepperoni and diced veggies to the pot.Cook the meat and vegetables on low heat until the veggies are tender.
Mix in the pasta with the meat, bell peppers, and the onions. Add the spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, and as much of the seasoning as you like.
Add one cup of cheese to the pasta mixture and stir. Remove pot from the heat.
Lightly coat the inside of a 12-inch skillet with olive oil spray. Pour the pasta mixture in the skillet, evenly.
Top the pasta mixture with the remaining cheese and the 18 slices of pepperoni. Sprinkle a little bit of Italian seasoning on top.
Bake in oven until hot and bubbly, at least 20 minutes.
Remove pasta from oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
You may sub ground meat for the Italian Sausage.
You could add mushrooms, black olives, and slices of red onions on top of the cheese and pepperoni before baking the casserole.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: supper, dinner, pasta, casserole, cast iron skillet, skillet, easy recipe, budget-friendly, pepperoni, Italian Sausage, pasta bake, weeknight dinner,