Show your pride for America with these easy Patriotic Cookie Bars. They’re the perfect festive treat to serve at any 4th of July party or summer picnic.
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
12 vanilla sandwich cookies, crushed and divided
1 cup patriotic candy corn, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a square baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add butter, brown sugar and vanilla to a mixing bowl. Stir well. Add egg and stir well. Reserve 1/3 cup crushed cookies and add the remaining to the batter. Mix well. Mix in flour until just combined.
- Reserve 1/3 cup candy corn and add the remaining to the batter. Stir well.
- Press dough into prepared pan with your fingers or the back of a spoon. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle reserved cookies and candy corn on top. Gently press into the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool completely before removing bars from pan. Peel foil away and cut into bars.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fourth of July , 4th of July, cookies, bars dessert, candy corn, patriotic, America, Red, White, and Blue, Memorial Day, barbecues, picnics