Learn how to make Pan-Fried Speckled Trout topped with a delicious Creamy Crawfish Sauce.
- 2 fresh speckled trout fillets
- sea salt, pepper, paprika to your liking
- 1/2 stick butter per fish fillet
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice from lemon
- optional: extra lemon for squeezing on fish after it’s cooked
Crawfish with Creamy Sauce:
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Optional Cajun Seasoning
- Place fish on a sheet of wax paper or clean work surface. Next, sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika onto both sides of each fish fillet making sure to rub the ingredients into the fish with your fingers.
- Melt 1/2 stick butter in a medium to large frying pan. Pan fry 1 fillet of fish at a time in frying pan for 2 minutes on each side. Next, squeeze 1 tbsp. Lemon juice into a hot pan with fish letting the fish absorb the lemon juice. Remove fish from pan Repeat steps for the next fish fillet.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in medium saucepan. Stir in minced garlic, green onions, and parsley. Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in crawfish tails let cook on low heat for 5 minutes (until crawfish is heated through).
- Add heavy whipping cream stir until the sauce is warm and thickens. Remove from heat. If sauce, isn’t thick enough add 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon whipping cream together in a small bowl, then add to sauce mixture.
- Place one fish fillet on each plate, optional squeeze fresh lemon on each fish, then top with the creamy crawfish sauce, and serve immediately.Great paired with pasta, fresh vegetables or a salad.
- Category: Fish
- Method: Pan-Fried
- Cuisine: Seafood
Keywords: fish, trout, speckled trout, seafood, pan-fried, crawfish, easy recipe, dinner,