Learn how to cook Open Blue Cobia Fish Brunch for Two. It’s a simple and delicious tasting fish recipe that’s perfect to serve for brunch anytime.
What’s In Open Blue Cobia Fish Brunch For Two
- (2) 6 oz. Open Blue Cobia fillets with skin removed
- 2 cups diced hash brown potatoes (from bag of diced hash brown potatoes)
- 1 each – medium red, green, and yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 lb. bacon for grease (fat)
- 4-6 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- Four large eggs
- 1 cup fresh chives chopped coarsely
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable cooking oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic powder
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- cookie sheet lined with non-stick foil
How to cook Open Blue Cobia Fish Brunch
5. Spray the cookie sheet lined with aluminium foil with the non-stick Cooking Spray. Place the Cobia fish fillets on the pan in the preheated oven. Bake the fillets on 350 degrees for 20 minutes in the oven. Once the fish is finished baking remove from the oven.
6. While the fish is in the oven, do this step: In a large pot heat three tablespoons of cooking oil on stove top. Cook the diced hash browns according to the directions on the bag (4-7 minutes). I used 2 cups of my favorite bagged diced hash brown potatoes.
Once the potatoes are cooked, using a slotted spoon stir in all the bell peppers and onion mixture, except 3/4 cup. (reserved 3/4 vegetable mixture to use as garnish.
Cook the hash browns and vegetables on low heat until the vegetables are warm.Stir in the garlic powder and season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to your liking.
7. Warm an electric skillet to 300 degrees. Next, generously spray Non-stick Cooking Spray onto the skillet. Cook four large eggs, sunny side up. Cook the eggs while the diced hash brown potatoes are cooking.
Note- the eggs will be done when the egg whites set, but the yolk is runny about 2-3 minutes. Using the skillet warm 4 to 6 pieces of bacon while the eggs are cooking, when bacon is warm remove from skillet and set aside.
Once the eggs are cooked removed promptly. Get two large plates, put two eggs on the edge of each plate.
How to plate Open Blue Cobia Fish Brunch
I love the way the bacon tastes with this delicious white, firm, moist fish and the way the vegetables give crunchiness to this unique brunch.
Who would have thought Open Blue Cobia would taste great with bacon, eggs and hash browns!
Did you know that Open Blue Cobia is raised in the open Ocean? Open Blue Cobia is pure, healthy and safe- free of containment, colorants, hormones, and pesticides.
That makes me happy to know that I am feeding my family a great tasting fish that is sustainable and healthy for them.
I hope you love my brunch recipe for two. You could easily double the recipe to make it for four people.
Wish me luck to be selected as one of the five finalists to go to Charleston, South Carolina for the live cook-off event. One (1) Grand prize winner will be awarded a trip to Panama to visit Open Blue.
Update: Well folks yours truly was chosen as one of the five finalist to go to the live cook-off in Charleston.