- 20 Large marshmallows
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
Above ingredients for Rice Krispies treats, and the following set of ingredients is for decorating the treats.
- Green homemade or store bought icing
- Blue homemade or store bought icing
- Goldfish – shaped crackers
- Lollipop sticks
- Dental floss
- 1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Microwave marshmallows and butter in 30-second intervals in a medium size glass bowl until completely melted. Add cereal and vanilla extract and fold. Once combined, pour into a buttered-coated pan and flatten evenly with a spatula. Allow the treats to set for at least 1 hour.
3. Cut treats into rectangles, about 3 inches wide. Place the cereal treats onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to decorate each of your Rice Krispies Fishing treats vertically.
4. To start, insert a lollipop stick at the bottom right of your cereal treat this way, you can mark exactly where the “fishing rod” will be placed. Remove lollipop stick and make a knot in an 8-inch piece of dental floss around the top. Wrap the dental floss twice and make another knot. Trim excess, as necessary.
5. Cover 1/3 of the cereal treat with green icing: this will represent your grass. Use a spare lollipop stick to create little icing peaks – this will be your grass blades. Be sure not to cover the spot you made with your lollipop stick.
6. Cover the rest of the cereal treats with blue icing and spread it with a swirling motion with another lollipop stick.
7. Insert your lollipop stick “fishing rod” and gently place the end of the dental floss in the middle of your “water.”
8. Place the fish-shaped cracker on top. Makes 10 treats.
Note- Please supervise children with this treat. It does contain some non-edible items.