This Louisiana Crab Boil Recipe is an easy and delicious family favorite crab boil recipe.
- 4 Dozen Blue Crabs (fresh and live)
- 4.5 lb. Bag Louisiana Crawfish & Crab Boil (powder)
- 1 – 8oz. bottle Louisiana Liquid Crab Boil
- 4 Lemons cut in half
- 1 cup lemon juice fresh or bottle
- 3 Garlic Whole
- 2 Onions cut in half
- 1 package Celery
- 1–2 lbs of Sausage
- 1 Pack Whole Mushrooms
- 6–8 pieces of Corn
- 1 Bag Small Red Potatoes (about 15 )
- 7 Gallons of Water
- 2 – (8-10 lbs) Bag Ice
1. Rinse your Crabs off and place them in a large ice chest with the plug unplugged, so the crabs don’t drown from melted ice. Pour 1 bag of ice over the crabs. This step is necessary. Pouring ice over the Crabs and immersing them will cause them to be dormant, so they don’t lose their claws. Let the crabs sit on the ice for at least 1 hour before cooking them.
2. Pour 7 gallons of water into the boiling pot, add the bag of seasoning, the bottle of liquid seasoning, and lemon juice in the pot. Stir seasonings, then place the sausage, potatoes (we boil the potatoes in the netted bag it comes in), mushrooms, onions, garlic, lemons in the strainer basket and place into the boiling pot until the water comes to a boil.
3. Once the water comes to a boil, lift the strainer basket out of the water then pour the crabs into the basket and place back into the water.
4. Add the Corn and Celery to the pot. Doesn’t it look delicious? You can use any sausage you like. And omit anything you don’t like.
5. Let the crabs and the other ingredients in the boiling pot cook for 10 minutes once they come to a boil.
6. Once the Blue Crabs and the other ingredients are finished cooking turn off the propane burner and pour the remaining bag of ice into the pot. Let the crabs sit in the pot for 20 minutes before removing them from the pot. * Please keep children and animals away from the pot when cooking and when removing hot food.
7. Using thick gloves or oven mitts carefully remove the strainer basket from the pot and pour the contents of the basket onto a table covered with newspaper or pour everything onto a seafood cooling rack.
8. Turn the crab’s belly side up. This keeps the juice from leaking out which keeps the crabs from drying out. Feeds 4-6 people depending on how much they eat! Make sure to grab lots of paper towels and your favorite beverage before sitting down to eat your Crabs. Enjoy!
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: crab boil, Louisiana Crab Boil, crab boil recipe, blue crabs, seafood, blue crab boil