The Kids Olympic Creative Play is a fun DIY project and hands on activity to help kids get excited about the Winter Olympics.
The Winter Olympic Games is a major international sporting event that takes place once every four years. My favorite event to watch is Alpine Skiing.
I decided to introduce my son to the sport by making his very own Alpine Skiing course to use his imagination and creativity.
This kids Olympic Creative Play is fun and easy for the entire family to make together. It would make a great snow or rainy day activity.
Supplies needed for Kids Olympic Creative Play
- Soft Touch Poly Fil
- Small Shoe Box
- White Poster Board
- Craft Glue
- Glue Gun
- Pictures to Print
- Plastic Figures
Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of each step.
How to MAKE Kids Olympic Creative Play
- Glue the top on your box. Next, place the box on top of the poster board and trace the width of your box, then cut it to the length of the poster board.
- Next, glue the poster board to the box. Squeeze craft glue on the poster board and glue on your fiber fil pressing it down with your hands.
- Print out pictures or signs to use as your sponsor advertisement signs. Cut your chopsticks and glue your print outs to them.
- Using the glue gun, glue down your signs that you made.
- Cut holes in the top corner of your box . Put glue on the end of two chopsticks (do not cut) place in the holes . This will be for your banner.
- Last glue your printouts to the chopsticks.
Advertisement Signs that we made.
It’s finished! Give your child plastic figures to play with.
My son enjoyed pretending he was competing in the Olympics.
Do you watch the Olympics? What’s your favorite event? I hope you enjoyed our Winter Olympic Alpine Skiing Craft. .