- 1/2 small bag red beans
- 1/2 small bag pinto beans
- container vegetable (or beef) broth
- 1 jalapenos; de-seeded and diced
- 1 serrano; de-seeded and diced
- 4 strips of bacon; diced
- 1 white onion; diced
- 1/2 bundle of cilantro; chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- Wash beans in a strainer.
- Place beans, onion, cilantro, peppers, and broth in your instant pot (pressure cooker). Give it a good stir.
- Add in bacon and garlic. Stir well.
- Add in all the spices and stir well. Cover with water to the max level.
- Place the instant pot or pressure cooker on high pressure mode. Set for 1 hour. Let it release pressure on its own.
Use your instant pot or pressure cooking guide for beans if you feel the time is longer than you would like. We have cooked these many times and feel the best is a full hour without soaking the beans before hand.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American