Instant Pot Turkey Breast is the juiciest and most delicious turkey breast cooked in the pressure cooker!
- 1– 7.75 lb. bone-in Turkey Breast with Skin , thawed
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Garlic Powder
- 2 tablespoons Onion Powder
- 3 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- Half Medium Fresh Onion, chopped
- 5 cloves Fresh Garlic
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, cut into six pieces
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- Zatarain’s Butter Injector
- Optional: Cornstarch & Water
For Dry Rub
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
For Turkey Breast
- Remove gravy packet and turkey pieces from the cavity. Cut any excess skin. Rinse and pat turkey dry with paper towels.
- Place turkey on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Drizzle olive oil all over the turkey. Use your hands to rub the oil all over the turkey and in the cavity.
- Sprinkle the rub all over the turkey and cavity. Use your hands if you prefer to pat the rub into the skin.
- Place turkey with the cavity facing downward. Inject the turkey breast in the breast in several places with the butter injector. .
- Pour chicken broth into the inner pot.
- Place onions, celery, and garlic in the chicken broth. Put the trivet in the Instant Pot. Move veggies around so, trivet sits correctly.
- Put the turkey on the trivet. Sprinkle the green onions and parsley on top of the turkey breast.
- Close the lid. Turn the knob to the sealing position. Press the manual button and set for 35 minutes high pressure.(You could set it for 25 minutes and check it. The internal temp should be at least 165 degrees.)
- Once, the Instant Pot beeps let it naturally release (NPR) for 5 minutes. After the valve goes down carefully open the lid (QR) and remove the turkey breast. Make sure the Instant Pot is turned off.
- Insert thermometer and check internal temperature.It should be at least 165. Our turkey was 175 but, we prefer it that way.
- Place the turkey on a baking sheet lined with foil. Baste the turkey with some of the juice from the Instant Pot. Place the turkey in the oven under broiler for 4-5 minutes to let the skin crisp a bit.
- Remove turkey from oven, let rest a few minutes, then carve.
Optional For Gravy:
- Remove 3 cups of broth from the instant Pot. Strain the broth to remove yucky stuff. Next, pour the broth into a saucepan on the stove.
- Cook the broth on low heat.
- In a bowl make a slurry using 1 1/2 cups cornstarch or flour, with 2 1/2 cups of room temperature water. Use more cornstarch or water as needed.
- Pour the slurry into the saucepan with the broth. Whisk the mixture and let it come to a boil.
- Simmer the gravy then add seasoning of your choice. Whisk until it’s cooked, and the gravy thickens to the consistency you like.
If you don’t want to make a gravy, you could freeze the broth and carcass to use for another time.
Also, you can add the veggies from the Instant Pot to your gravy if you like. We do!
We used Cajun seasoning and sea salt to season our gravy.
(Gravy Recipe Updated 12/2/2019)
- Category: Holiday Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey, turkey breast, pressure cooker. Instant Pot, Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving, Christmas, dinner, easy recipe, holiday meal,