Instant Pot Ribs are the most delicious fall off the bone ribs you’ll ever make using your pressure cooker.
For Dry Rub:
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 rack of ribs 2-4 pounds, rinse & dried (we used St. Louis Style ribs)
- 2 cups Apple juice
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke ( you can omit liquid smoke if you want)
For Dry Rub
- Mix all the seasonings and brown sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a knife remove membrane from back of ribs. Next, rinse and pat ribs dry.
- Pour Apple juice and liquid smoke into inner pot.
- Rub dry rub all over the ribs. Place the ribs in a circle in the Instant Pot on a trivet.
- Press manual and set Instant Pot for 25 minutes high pressure. Close lid, turn knob to sealing.
- Once, cook time has elapsed let naturally release for 5 minutes, then turn knob to venting. After the valve goes down carefully open the lid and remove the ribs.
- Turn broiler on oven to low heat. Place the ribs on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Slather on your favorite barbecue sauce, broil for 8-10 minutes. Make sure not to let the ribs burn.
- Remove ribs from oven and enjoy!
You can use St.Louis Style Ribs or Baby Back Ribs for this recipe.
If you don’t care for liquid smoke you can omit it and use smoked paprika instead or omit this step altogether.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot + Broiler
- Cuisine: Barbecue/ American
Keywords: Instant Pot, barbecue, bbq, ribs, Sweet Baby Ray's, St.Louis Style ribs, easy recipe, dinner