- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Smoked Sausage Rope (your favorite)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 lb diced ham
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (Minced)
- 1 bell pepper ( chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 lb Dried Red Kidney Beans – Red Kidneys (rinse & soak beans at least 3 hours)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Cajun seasoning to your liking or salt & pepper
- parsley for garnishing
- Rinse and soak the beans at least 3 hours.
- Slice the sausage into 1/4″ thick slices. ( use firm sausage)
- In a pan on the stove saute the sausage in the olive oil until brown on both sides.
- Once the sausage is browned on both sides remove and place in the instant pot. Do not remove the oil from the pan.
- Saute the veggies in the pan until tender then pour into the instant pot.
- Add the ham, beans, and chicken stock to the Instant Pot.
- Add the cajun seasoning, garlic powder, and the bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the pot, twist to lock the lid, and turn the valve in the sealed position.
- Press the manual button and set it to “high pressure” for 40 minutes.
- Naturally release, once finished remove the lid and use a potato masher to mash beans to desired creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately over white rice and garnish with parsley.
Add tabasco sauce if you like a little heat.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Cajun