This Instant Pot Pineapple Dijon Ham comes out of the instant pot tender, juicy, and delicious. It’s the BEST ham ever!
- 8 pound Pork Shoulder Ham (pre-cooked smoked ham is what I used)
- 14 ounce can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapples with juice, divided equally
- 1 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar, divided equally
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard or Creole Mustard
- 1 cup pineapple juice (I used 1 cup Dole Pineapple Juice)
For Pineapple Dijon Glaze:
Place half of the dark brown sugar, dijon mustard, and half of the can of crushed pineapples with half of it’s juice into large mixing bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
For Instant Pot Ham:
- Score pork shoulder and brush glaze over the ham with a basting brush. (I used the dump and brush method.)
- Pour cup of pineapple juice (Dole Pineapple Juice) in the bottom of inner pot with the trivet.
- Place ham on top of trivet.
- Close instant pot and lock lid. Turn knob to sealing position. Press manual button and set for 20 minutes.
- When the timer goes off quick release by turning the knob to venting. After the valve goes down open the instant pot and carefully remove the ham using silicone heat resistant gloves.
- Place ham on a pan lined with aluminum foil.
- Whisk together the remaining brown sugar and remaining half can of crushed pineapples with its remaining juice. (Should be half can pineapples and half of the juice from the can).
- Cover the smoked pork shoulder with the brown sugar, pineapples, and juice mixture and place in a preheated oven under the broiler on low heat for 4- 5 minutes to allow it to caramelize.
- When the ham is done carefully remove it from the oven and carve when ready to serve. Enjoy!
Make sure to use Dark Brown Sugar. Also, can add cloves to the pineapple juice in the bottom of the inner pot.
If you don’t want the outside of you ham crispy you can omit steps 6-10 and serve it straight from the Instant Pot.
My Instant Pot is a 8 quart lux.
My ham is a smoked 8 pound pork shoulder ham ( which is precooked).
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Easter, Ham, pineapples, brown sugar, dijon, mustard, glaze, easy recipe, dinner