Instant Pot Mac and Cheese is creamy and delicious mouth watering good classic comfort food.
- 1– 16 oz bag large elbow noodles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste ( personally I like more salt but, my family doesn’t)
- 1 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 3 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup pepper jack ( or favorite cheese)
- optional: cajun seasoning
- Empty bag of noodles into inner pot in the Instant pot.
- Pour water in the Instant Pot.
- Stir in butter, sea salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Close lid and lock. Set to manual 5 minutes. Carefully do quick release once timer goes off.
- Slowly stir in heavy whipping cream a little at a time and add cheese.
- Add more seasoning if needed. Serve the mac and cheese with your favorite toppings.
Use real butter not margarine. Also, I sprinkled a little cajun seasoning on my bowl of mac and cheese.
If using ramekins instead of regular size bowls you’ll get more servings of mac and cheese.
Mac and Cheese will thicken more as it cools down.
- Category: side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, mac and cheese, pasta, macaroni and cheese, comfort food