Creamy tomato basil soup with tortellini’s made easily in the instant pot.
- 29 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 half pint whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 package cheese tortellini’s
- 1/2 yellow onion; diced
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- parmesan cheese for topping
- Add in onion and garlic to the instant pot and set to saute mode. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off saute mode. Add half the basil leaves and the can of tomato sauce.
- Set to high pressure for 2 minutes. Quick release pressure when instant pot is done counting.
- Set to saute mode and add tortellini’s. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes until tortellini’s are tender.
- Pour in whipping cream and stir. Cook for another 2 minutes till thick and creamy.
- Additionally, stir in the fresh basil and pepper.
You may top with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot, Soup