These Instant Pot Chicken Legs are super easy to make and perfect for when you need a quick, simple meal on the dinner table.
- 5 – 8 chicken legs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil, oregano, thyme, and parsley
- optional – omit herbs and use barbecue sauce before crisping the chicken
- Place frozen chicken in large mixing bowl. Toss with olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder mix together with hands.
- Toss chicken with the herbs unless you’re omitting this part.
- Pour the broth into the inner pot.
- Put the trivet in the Instant pot and place the chicken on top of the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot, turn valve to sealing, set manual and cook for 20 minutes. Once the time elapses turn the knob to venting and quick release. When the pin drops remove the chicken legs with tongs.
- Turn on the broiler on the stove. Line cookie sheet with foil. Crisp the chicken under the broiler for 5 minutes. Remove and enjoy!
You can omit the herbs if you would like to use barbecue sauce. Add barbecue sauce before placing the chicken in the oven to crisp.
Dried herbs can be substituted for fresh herbs but, don’t use the same measurements. If using dried herbs, put as much to your liking.
For 6 Quart Instant Pot use 1 cup of broth and 2 cups broth for a 8 Quart.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot + Broiler
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken legs, drumstick, Instant pot, herbs, barbecue sauce, dinner, easy recipe, frozen chicken