This Instant Pot Breakfast Casserole tastes delicious and looks elegant enough to serve at any holiday breakfast or brunch
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup milk or whipping cream
- 1/3 cup bacon bits
- salt & pepper, to your liking
- In a medium bowl crack 8 eggs.
- Add your seasoning and milk. Whisk then pour in your cheese, onions, bell peppers, and bacon bits. Whisk a little more.
- Place the trivet in the inner pot. Add water (1 cup for a 6 qt. or 1 1/2 cups for an 8 qt).
- Spray the silicone mold with non-stick cooking spray and place it on top of the trivet..
- Pour the egg mixture into the mold. Next, put the lid on and turn knob to the sealing position.Then press the manual button and set for 18 minutes.
- Once, cook time has elapsed turn the knob to venting. After the valve goes down carefully open the lid and remove the trivet and egg casserole,using oven mitts.
- Let the casserole sit in the silicone mold for a few minutes, before turning it over on a plate or serving tray.
Ater trail and I error I suggest covering the casserole with aluminum foil before closing the lid.
If you do not have a trivet with handles make a sling out of foil and place the mold on top of it to make it easier to remove the casserole from the Instant Pot.
You can add any seasoning you like to this recipe. We used salt and pepper.Next time I’ll add some garlic powder too. And, maybe some Cajun seasoning.
And, of course you could use cooked and crumbled bacon or chopped ham pieces instead of bacon bits.
If you like your eggs a little spicy serve with pico de gallo or salsa.
- Category: Breakfast or Brunch
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Eggs
Keywords: breakfast, casserole, crustless quiche, frittata, brunch, holiday recipe, eggs, Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker