- 5 lb trimmed boston butt pork roast
- 2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 sesame seed buns
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- pork seasoning blend ( we used Paul Prudhomme Pork & Veal Magic Blend)
- 1 bottle of barbecue sauce (we used Sweet Baby Rays)
- pickles for topping
- sliced onions for topping
- Rub pork roast with pork seasoning on both sides.
- Place pork roast in the instant pot. Pour in apple juice.
- Pour in the diced onions and bell peppers.
- Set pressure cooker/manual to 90 minutes. Release pressure.
- Shred pork with a fork or an electric hand mixer. Pour in the barbecue sauce and toss well.
- Plate pork on buns and top with onions and pickles. Serve with chips or side dish.
- Serve with chips, coleslaw, french fries, beans, or mac and cheese.
- Category: lunch/dinner
- Cuisine: American