Learn how to make delicious homemade tomato salsa. Perfect to use as a topping or dip.
- 2–3 pounds organic tomatoes of your choice
- 5–6 jalapenos peppers
- 1 large large onion
- 2–3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp juice from lemon or lime
- 2–3 tbsp sea salt
- black pepper to your liking and whatever dry ingredients you want to use. You can add fresh cilantro, chives, bell peppers if you want.
- 1. Boil water in a pot. Take your tomatoes and put an x at the bottom of each using a knife. Once the water boils place the tomatoes into the pot and let the water come to a boil, again. Remove the tomatoes after 2 minutes and put them into a bowl of ice water. You should be able to remove the skins easily. Dice your tomatoes with a knife and set aside in a large bowl.
2. Boil the jalapenos in water for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove peppers, slice lengthwise and remove seeds.
3. Use a food processor to dice the peppers, garlic, and onion. Mix and stir together with your diced tomatoes.
4. add your garlic powder, juice from a lemon or lime and sea salt. Mix all the ingredients and pour into a glass jar. Cover the container tightly and place into a refrigerator.
Note- I would let the Salsa sit for 24 hours to marinate before serving.