- 2 cups of half & half
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3–5 tablespoons strong brewed coffee cooled (I used 5 tbs.)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Grab a metal container (meatloaf pan) place it in the freezer until your ready to use it.
- In a medium glass bowl add half & half, sweetened condensed milk, and coffee (cooled) and mix with a whisk or hand-held mixer for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the metal container from the freezer and pour the liquid into it.
- Cover the metal container with saran wrap and let sit for an hour in the fridge.
- After one hour, stir the coffee ice cream with a fork or whisk. Cover the container and place back in the freezer.
- Let set another hour then mix again with a fork or whisk, this breaks up any ice crystals and makes the ice cream creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips then place the saran wrap back on the container and place in the freezer.
- You should repeat the process of removing the ice cream from the freezer and whisking or stirring it with a fork 3-4 times before finally letting it freeze.
- Let freeze 8 hours or overnight before serving the ice cream.
You can use any flavor or brand of coffee you like. If you like a stronger tasting coffee ice cream use 5 tablespoons of the brewed coffee. If you don’t want a strong tasting coffee ice cream use 3-4 tablespoons.
Starbucks has some great tasting coffee you can make at home and use for this recipe. Also, Dunkin Donuts does too.