Grecian Cucumber Pesto Bites topped with Kalamata Olives and red onions make the perfect gluten-free snack or appetizer!
- 1 jar Barilla Creamy Genovese Pesto
- 2 cucumbers, sliced into 1” slices
- 1 cup Kalamata Olive slices, chopped
- 1 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian Parsley, minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place chopped onions, minced parsley, and chopped olives in a mixing bowl. Add in the lemon juice, and olive oil. Toss lightly, cover with saran wrap. Next, place in refrigerator until needed.
- Clean and slice cucumbers into 1 inch slices. Place the cucumber slices on a baking sheet with a cooling rack.
- Spoon a little bit of the creamy pesto onto each cucumber slice. Next, remove the olive mixture from the fridge.
- Place a bit of the olive mixture on top of each cucumber with the pesto. Place the cookie sheet with the pesto bites in the fridge until needed, or place on a serving tray and serve immediately.
You can peel the cucumbers then slice or leave the skins on like we did.
To clean the cucumbers put equal parts of vinegar and cold water into a large bowl. Let soak for at least 3 minutes. This will help remove any dirt or wax from the skins. Next, rub the cucumbers with a cloth then rinse in cold water.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Cold
- Cuisine: Greek/Italian
Keywords: snack, appetizers, easy recipe, summer, pesto, Greek, Grecian, Mediterranean, Italian, Barilla