These Chocolate Banana Bars made using Nutella makes a sweet and tasty gluten-free treat.
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 cup great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup mashed banana
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Nutella or similar hazelnut chocolate spread
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a square baking pan with foil. Grease the foil with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except the Nutella in a blender and blend until smooth. Alternatively you can place everything into a mixer and beat. You’ll need to scrape the sides down several times to ensure even mixing.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Heat Nutella in the microwave for 20 seconds and stir until smooth and runny. Drizzle on the top of the batter in the pan and swirl around with a knife if desired. Tap the pan on a hard surface so the chocolate evens out.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set and bars begin to pull away from the sides of the foil. Cool completely before cutting.
- Store bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free, chocolate, bananas, honey, Nutella, dessert, baked goods, easy recipe,