Fried Soft Shell Crabs are flavorful and fried to a golden brown crispy perfection.
- 4 soft shell crabs, thawed and cleaned
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Slap Ya Mama Fish Fry (or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 5 cups oil for frying, or more
- Thaw and clean soft shell crabs.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Make a milk bath with the milk, mustard, and eggs. Whisk together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the flour and Slap Ya Mama Fish Fry or your favorite fish fry.
- Coat the crabs in the flour mixture, dip the crabs in the milk bath, then back into the flour mixture again.
- Place crabs one at a time legs first into the oil. Cook each crab 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove and place crabs on a wire rack or cookie sheet lined with paper towels. Using a wire rack keeps the crabs crisper than using paper towels.
Note- the nutritional label below does not include the 5 cups of oil used for frying the soft shell crabs.
* See my tutorial on How to Clean Soft Shell Crabs.
Keywords: soft shell crabs, fried, cajun, dinner